Tuface Idibia Profile
- Real Name: Innocent Ujah Idibia
- Date of Birth: 18th September, 1975
- State of Origin: Benue state
- Place of Birth: Jos, Plateau state
- Nationality: Nigeria
- Occupation: Singer, songwriter, entrepreneur
- Genres: R&B, Hip hop, reggae, Afrobeat
- Height: 6ft 8.5 inches
- Early Life & Background
- Tuface Idibia was brn in Jos to Mr and Mrs Idibia, has two brothers, Hyacinth and Charles.
- He attended Mount Saint Gabriel’s secondary school in Markudi, Benue state. He enrolled at institute of management and technology, Enugu (IMT), where he didd his preliminary National Diploma course in Business Adminsitration and management. He eventually dropped out to pursue his career in music.
- Music Career
- His music career could be traced back to when he was at IMT where he organises shows and parties. Then , he composes and sings singles at the GB fan club at Enugu state Broadcasting services (ESBS) in 1996.
- So in 1996, he started by adopting the stage name 2face (Tuface) where he aid the reason for the name was to differentiate is personla life from his business life.
- He moved to Lagos and started performing with rapper Blackface naija whom he met while he was at IMT.
- He moved to Lagos and started performing with rapper Blackface Naija. He had met BlackFace while attending IMT. With Blackface (Ahmedu Augustine Obiabo) and with musician Faze (Chibuzor Oji), he went on to form the trio band Plantashun Boiz.
- Plantashun Boiz released two successful albums: Body and Soul (2000) and Sold Out (2003)under the Nelson Brown’s owned Label (Dove Records) before disbanding in 2004. Relations were marred for many years during which the band broke up and its members started their solo careers. Long after the break-up known as the “Faze vs Tuface” beef, the band came back together in 2007 for the purpose of recording a third and final album entitled Plan B (2007).
- After the disbandment of Plantashun Boyz in 2004, all band members sought separate musical careers. 2Baba released his debut solo album Face 2 Face (2004), which established him as a viable solo artist.
- Following the release of his debut album, he released his second album Grass 2 Grace in 2006, which contained hits “One Love”, “True Love, “4 Instance”. He is the founder of Hypertek Entertainment.
- Abstract painting Star studded of Idibia by designer Olufeko showcased at a pop-up exhibition themed ENCORE in December 2013
- In 2006, his song “African Queen” was used in the soundtrack for the film Phat Girlz, which was released internationally.
- He released a experimental album in 2009 called The Unstoppable releasing the single “Enter the Place”. Problems with album distribution in 2007 caused as shift of the release date of the album from 2008 to early 2009. In 2010, 2Baba released an “International Edition” of the same under the title The Unstoppable International Edition making him the first Nigerian artist to have an appropriately priced international album. 2face released two more singles from the international version of his The Unstoppable album. The international edition of the album won two awards at the 2010 SoundCity Music Video Awards. He also won the Channel O Music Video Awards Best African Western award and the MTV Africa Music Awards for Best Male and Artist of the year.
- Upon leaving the music label Kennis Music after the release of his second solo album, he set up his own record label known as Hypertek Entertainment. He is part of the Sony All African One8 Project alongside seven other musicians across Africa recording a single with R. Kelly and Prince Lee titled “Hands Across the World”. He is the first non-Liberian to become an honorary member of the Liberian music society in recognition for his outstanding contribution to the growth of music in Africa. He has been named Red cross ambassador society of Nigeria. 2Baba has several collaborations all over the globe, giving his collaborators the opportunity to win an awards for each duet such as street credibility by 9ice, possibility by p-square and lots more. He is adored by his colleagues and every entertainer in Nigeria music industry as a role model. 2Baba and heavy weight American Rapper Jay Z met in NYC 2014.
- 2Baba has also been an ambassador for quite a number of brands including Guinness, Nigerian Breweries etc. He is also the brand ambassador for National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.
- 2Baba has established an NGO called 2Face Idibia Reach-Out Foundation. whose motto is “service to humanity”.
- In 2009, 2Baba was appointed as ambassador by National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control. He released a song “Man Unkind” to raise awareness on the menace of fake and sub-standard food and drug products in Nigeria. In 2009, he was presented with the prestigious International Youth Ambassador for Peace Summit and the Nigeria Youth Merit Award by the National Youth Council of Nigeria in recognition of his contributions to youth development in Nigeria. 2Baba was one of the Judges in the first season of The Voice Nigeria, alongside other artists like Timi Dakolo, Patoranking and Waj
Tuface is estimated to be worth N4.5 billion